Re: Outlining themselves....(Jan - Beckyl)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 08:48:44 PDT

>>My only issue would be that then my kids (el.) would consider it an
invitation to outline on themselves.

Here is a laugh out loud story (and please take no offense). At one former
school 7th graders got chewed out royally by their religion teacher when
they came to her class with charcoal on their faces. We had been doing
charcoal still lifes. I guess too many pulled a Judy and wiped their face -
must have had an itch or something....any way the kids were innocent and had
no idea they had charcoal on their faces....SO at the end of the day I got
chewed out royally for allowing them to leave class that way. I told her I
was too busy watching their work at the time to notice their faces and
apologized profusely (and asked if I had any on mine). Needless to say,
everyone got a face check before they left from then on out (including
me)....You see, the problem was, I must have just allowed that at the wrong
time of year. Later everyone in the school got to put charcoal on their
faces -- even me - and we went around school all day that way...religion
teacher, too. That was something that I was allowed to do. Don't take me
wrong I loved teaching in that former school - the kids were wonderful.
There were just some things I didn't like to be excluded from. I wasn't
worthy of some of the things they did....and that bothered me. I mean no
disrespect here...so please no one take offense. I am not talking religion
here. Just enjoying this little irony of life - that is the way it is
intended. My husband went through 16 years of religious schooling.

Marvelous Monday - Thank youfor this fun memory,

Judy