Re: Info on transferring an image

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 06:49:33 PDT

Hi Joe and List,
   A word of caution here...there are two types of Oil of Wintergreen. The
type I used to buy at the drug store is not for consumtion--it is a poison!
(It is used externally for rubbing sore muscles, etc. ) I always cautioned
the children not to put the wheat paste in their mouths even though it
smelled good. Someone mentioned on the list that this product is now hard
to find. Since I have not bought any in years, I can't verify its
availability. It has a technical chemical name, too. I believe that the
edible version of Oil of Wintergreen that is used in cooking may not work in
the same way.

                       Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                       Art teacher, K-5, retired

Then on the back of the paper dab it with oil of wintergreen and the image
transfers to the fabric.
You can find oil of wintergreen at the drug store or a health food store. I
bought a small bottle for $3.95. The oil does smell like Ben Gay and you
may need to wear plastic gloves but I didn't have any problems.

---