(Anne-Claire) Super Klimt Lesson Plan - elementary too!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 05:22:28 PDT

(Kris - one more! Yeah! I don't have scratchboard here at home either -
maybe I'll try one this way)

Good morning Anne-Claire! from Portugal

Yes, Kris's lesson is fantastic! I only used purchased scratchboard one time
with students (gold for my Egyptian style self-portrait -recording an event
in their life). The other times my kids made their own scratch board. We
found that metallic crayons didn't deposit enough wax, though....so you
could make a very colorful Klimt. Have students color until they can color
no more (in other words - VERY heavily) on tagboard -- must have a heavy wax
buildup (maybe do a warm - or - cool Klimt? Even tie in Klee, too - I'm
thinking of some certain works - let me know if you want images - I don't
know the titles right now). Brush India ink --or black tempera over and let
dry. Black scratches off with simple tools (even a paper clip opened up).
Small scratch sticks are real cheap - purchased by the bag - or even bamboo
skewers from the grocery store. Of course, scratch knives could be purchased
too. I made tools to use for Plexiglas etchings - tiny nails hammered into
the end of a dowel. Those would work. What I did was hammer the small nail
(brad?) in - then pulled it out with pliers - cut off the head - and forced
it (head end) back into the hole. These worked for years and years.

From Kris Fontes kmfontez@velocity.net
http://www.thericewriter.com/klimt.htm

Anne-Claire - here are the links - I just had to go back and find them
(there are more out there):
Gustav Klimt [Austrian Art Nouveau Painter, 1862-1918]

Gustav Klimt - Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/klimt_gustav.html

Gustav Klimt - Web Museum:
http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/klimt/

Expo-Klimt - Online Museum:
http://www.expo-klimt.com/

Gustav Klimt - Artchive - essay and links to images:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/K/klimt.html

Gustav Klimt Art Gallery - personal "fan" web site - has biography - and 114
images of his work - View images fro suitability:
http://vortex1.no-ip.com/klimt/1klimt.htm or
http://www.magma.ca/~alexxi/klimt/1klimt.htm

Gustav Klimt Landscapes - from Clark Art Institute
http://www.clarkart.edu/klimt/klimt/

I like Mucha too - let me know if you would like links (although a lot may
have Job paper ads/posters).
But I do like his Four Seasons and certainly the Muse.

Do share with us if you use this lesson. I'd love to see what your younguns
do. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing your post this morning.

Marvelous Monday!

Judy Decker