Info on transferring an image

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 19:30:38 PDT

Hey All,
I just discovered something neat and thought I would pass it along. I got this form the book Collage for the Soul by Holly Harrison and Paula Grasdal. You can transfer an image onto fabric by taking a Xerox copy of an image and laying it face down onto the fabric. Then on the back of the paper dab it with oil of wintergreen and the image transfers to the fabric. Now the fabric needs to be a natural fiber and the book says it works on joint compound and other porous materials. I tried it with fabric and it works. The transferred image is very ephemeral and I believe has lots of possibilities. You can find oil of wintergreen at the drug store or a health food store. I bought a small bottle for $3.95. The oil does smell like Ben Gay and you may need to wear plastic gloves but I didn't have any problems.

Just thought I would pass this along.

Blessings,
Joe Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---