Knott Just another Quote -Gratitude

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 19:47:28 PDT

Gretchen gave me the word for today...and that is Gratitude....

Lots of good ones...
http://www.painterskeys.com/quotationsfl.htm#gratitude
Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
(Cicero)
One must learn to be grateful for one's own findings. (Eugene Delacroix)
The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. (Friedrich
Nietzsche)
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating. I don't care
if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of
music. Anybody who spends part of their day sharing their experience with
us. I think this world would be unlivable without art. Thank you for
inspiring me. (Steven Soderbergh)
I have walked this earth for 30 years, and, out of gratitude, want to leave
some souvenir. (Vincent van Gogh)

For those interested in more Hawaiian words and phrases - Gretchen sent me a
list to share:

Pehea 'oe - How are you? (the "e" is pronounced like a long "a")
Aloha au ia 'oe - I love you
Noho 'oe - Stay/sit
E ua ana paha - Perhaps it will rain
'O wai kou inoa? - What is your name?
Kala mai ia'u - Excuse me
Mele Kalikimaka - Merry Christmas (always fun to say!)
He mea iki - Just a trifle/you're welcome
Mai hilahila! - Don't be bashful!
Hele mai - Come here
Hele - Go ahead
Pau - Finished
"Ua mau ke ea o ka 'aina i ka pono (State Motto) The life of the land is
perpetuated in righteousness

We already know Mahalo and Aloha now.

Great day!

Judy -- Hawaian is Luki - pronounced ee-OO-kee.
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk