Re: Art recipe help

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 16:06:31 PDT

Mbhirst@aol.com writes:

> If you were to create a recipe card for ART, what ingredients would you need
> to list and what would the steps be in the process of "making" art? I am
> envisioning this as a review for Art I class....anybody want to help?
> Marcia H in IL
>
> I call it the artistic process. It goes like this.

Artistic Process
1. Organizing your ideas.
2. Plan how to carry them out.
3. Select the materials.
4. Arrange the parts.
5. Use line, shape, form, color, value, texture and space.
6. Exhibit your work.

I know 1 should say organize your ideas....but we chant this.. to learn it,
and the rhythm is better this way. we paue after we say 5 and we say six
(the sentence) really fast.

I have a sheet that I hand out, if y'all want it that that goes over some of
these with a longer explanation. Yes, I know #5 are the elements, I just
wanted them to recite them.

Becky

---