Re: Plaster and wedging table Deb M

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 15:00:28 PDT

You mentioned reclaiming clay in a previous post, and you sound knowledgeable about it- what's the best way to do this? In small batches, or what?
Thanks, Jayna
Joe Cox <bjcoxteachart@msn.com> wrote:Deb M. I always work on plaster because the plaster pulls moisture from the clay. If your clay is already pretty dry you might wedge it on canvas but I wouldn't cover the plaster with it. We have a lot of boards cover with canvas that I have the students wedge on if the clay is on the dry side.

Hope this helps.
Blessings,
Joe