Re: grades and grading (LeAnn and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 14:44:55 PDT

MessageHi LeAnn,

Thanks to all who helped LeAnn - my grading was a bit different ....and a
long sory (smile).

My grading was quite complicated at times....but I thought I'd use this
opportunity to share this rubric modified from Woody Duncan. I used it with
my kids and they liked it:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/rubric2.htm (helped the
with self assessment)

Fortunately I was able to let behavior - I mean "participation" - count. I
don't know how those of you who can't manage.

I liked my Final Grade, too:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/finalgrade.htm
What the students thought weighed heavily on what I thought too. I did do
all the math. But their opinions counted, too....and they knew that. I had
high expectations. I knew what was an A...and wanted to see if they did,
too.

Have a great year LeAnn! - You earned it. Continue to post your success
stories.

Judy

P.S. BTW - there are a couple of nice rubrics from LeAnn on my site - link
to the page for Rubrics on my home page.