Re: grades and grading

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 12:50:18 PDT

MessageMy split is very simple - 50% projects/tests, 25% daily points, 25% sketchbooks. Everything either falls under a project, sketchbook (we put all handouts, worksheets, etc in our sketchbook) or participation. AND since all directly connect to the success of another - if sketchbook grades are high but daily and projects are low I question who is doing the work. If daily is low then projects are low because of the lack of work ethics. Warm-ups in my grade book would be counted under sketchbooks, short assingments under projects. Since I have so many classes I keep it VERY simple. :-)
~Michal

  I have spent my morning and most of the afternoon (so far) searching the archives for grades and grading. It was a topic I remember discussing back in May or maybe it was June. Anyway I still haven't resolved what I am going to do. I was wondering if someone could share with me their specific examples of how they break down grading projects.
  Example:

  -Unit Projects: 40%

  -Short assignments 20%
  -Daily Grade 10%