Re: Courage to Teach- book and retreat

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 12:24:20 PDT

(Thanks Leslie - looking up the book was on my "to do" list....)

Dear Art Educators,

Leslie (Getty member) just got back from a Courage to Teach retreat and it
was WONDERFUL! She feels charged up - ready to face the challenges in the
classroom.
I looked up a wee bit of imformation on the topic to share with everyone.

Here is a link to information about the book: Courage to Teach by Parker
Palmer
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0787910589/102-2343142-2510535
?v=glance
or http://tinyurl.com/l1ce

Center for Teacher Formation:
http://www.teacherformation.org/
More about the program:
http://www.teacherformation.org/html/ctt/index.cfm

I had to share this with ArtsEducators for Daniel to see - so thought I'd
share with Art Education, too. There is more out there on the Web about the
program.

Well...I hope all of you give yourself time for you today...so you are ready
for the kiddies tomorrow.

Sensation Sunday!

Judy Decker

P.S. Just for Daniel...now just what was it that Lion needed in the "Wizard
of Oz"? You have a heart - your have a brain - and you have COURAGE for
sure.