Re: Art recipe help - Marcia (thanks Amy)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 09:10:17 PDT

Marcia, I origianlly wanted to send this just to you....but decided to cc to the list - you'll get it twice - I just wanted to point out Amy's list to everyone)

I have posted LOTS on this topic over the years.....but am more curious what others think. Will you PLEASE compile all that is sent to you on and off list and send them to me?

The most important ingredient to me we can't add....and that is God (what ever name he/she is called in all religions)...We need to get kids to see the beauty in what God has created so they can find beauty in what man creates. Aesthetics is/are very important. Another important step is to appreciate who you are and express that in your art...There is only one "you"...Another important step is to look at the objectives of the lesson and find ways to meet them in your art making. Find a way to make your art and meet what the lesson is intended to teach.

There is a list of ways to be creative on IAD - compiled by 8th graders:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/amy-creative.htm

Sensational Sunday!

Judy