Re: Middle School vs. High School

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 00:42:49 PDT

Joe Cox writes:

> As I am reading the various posting on middle school lessons and high school lessons and I am how much differences there are in the two. I teach High School but often the students I have haven't had art since elementary school. Their skill level is divently at an elementary level but their maturity is at a high school level.

DEar Joe,
I think you are right! I wwent to a school, as an oddessy of the mind
coach, and of course, was looking at all of the art in the media center and
on the walls. I was so disappointed! I thought, oh my I must not be
getting throught to my kids, because THIS work is soooo beautiful! Well, I
was feeling down and then realized I was at a High School! Great projects,
which I stole.
Progression makes a world of difference. And who amoungst us hasn't
recreated a project that we had in college that was just too much fun not to
pass on!

Becky

---