Re: Middle School vs. High School

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 22:35:26 PDT

on 24/8/03 9:33 AM, Aust ArtClasses at austart@bryanisd.org wrote:
Joe,

Trying not repeat what the previous posts stated as I agree with all of
them, I am wondering if you could place a conceptual twist on what you are
examining. For example, with Egyptian art examine artists who draw on past
cultures and recontextualise them -.i.e hybridise the works and bring them
into a contemporary context such as re-invent what Picasso did with African
Art and see if the students can synthesise this to Egyptian art. This
examination could be used to visually interpret students social culture and
hierachy within society and challenge it within an art context. The use of
media and materials can be taliored to their ability levels, i.e. montage,
drawing, illustration, relief slab sculpture, scragiffto work on ceramic
forms, etc. I guess this part is dependent on how close to the original
mediums you want to go.

I hope this helps

Justin