Re: teaching pencil shading(boys)

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:54:36 PDT

I think boys really like perspective projects where
they get to create environments that look realistic. I
teach high school (9-12) and they always come into my
classes talking about how they made a city block or
aerial view of a city in jr. high. You could teach
them the basics of drawing in one or two point
perspective and then allow them to put their anime
characters running around in the environment (or
whatever else they wanted happening in their cities.)
Value can be introduced by making them have a light
source and you could use any type of media from
graphite to marker to paint. - mikel

--- Bruthrobson@aol.com wrote:
> I am trying to think of some "cool" things to teach
to anime (sp?) crazy kids.
> If boys don't think it's cool they don't want to try
it. I like the idea of bringing in some interesting
> aspects of whatever subject we're drawing.
(shells)
> But I'd like to think also of some things that
> boys who like line
> drawing may try to broaden their art interests
> end up with an impressive
> product. Maybe scratch art, silkscreen, etc
> Can anyone think of any broader ideas for line art
for boys? Brenda