Re: photography materials

---------

From: Suzie Dittenber (suziedittenber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 23 2003 - 10:29:43 PDT

I am new to "art talk" and have a few questions about
photography.

I will be teaching beginning photography for the first
time this fall. Our darkroom has four enlargers and
an average class size of 12, so I am wanting to
compile art history assignments for students to work
during non-darkroom days. I have found ART magazine
(scholastic) to be particuarly helpful in covering
artists' bios/art history and wish I could find a
resource like that related to photography. Any
suggestions???

And secondly, I am trying to put together powerpoint
presentations on famous photographers to be able to
acquaint students with both well-known photographs and
excellence in the field - but I am concerned about
using photos from web sites in a power point
presentation. Is there a rule of thumb as far as when
you are "allowed" to copy a photo off the internet and
into an in-class presentation??? If I include the
website where I derived the photo from is this
sufficient?

I would appreciate any guidance on these two issues!!!

Thanks, Suzie Dittenber