RE: teaching pencil shading-m.s.

---------

From: Alix Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 21:02:45 PDT

Hi,
I taught shading/value with a project called "SuperBucks." Using paper
18"x71/2 inches, the kids designed a piece of original currency. They had
to include blended shading (5-step), hatching, cross-hatching, scribble
shading and pointillism. There had to be a continuous border (I taught how
to do 3-D ribbon borders), a motto, a portrait (here's where anime can be
used) and a denomination. This was all done in pencil, but it would have
also worked in fine felt tip pen (except for the blended shading).

Alix E. Peshette
Technology Coordinator
Emerson Junior High School
Davis, CA