RE: help with teacher dress code: shoes

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 15:08:43 PDT

Yeah, I miss the painty jeans days, too. I still wear them at home. I have a very painty smock though, that helps protect my nicer clothes at school.

"Puhl, Kristen K" <puhlk@uwstout.edu> wrote:Last year (still in school as a student, with a concentration in painting, i.e. standing all day long in front of an easel, and working my cafe job) I wore my Dansko clogs every day and loved them. I've seen doctors wear them and chefs, too. Like I said in another post, I'm going to try out a pair of NAOT clogs (a little dressier) to see how they compare.

As far as the clothes issue, shopping for student teaching clothes has me perplexed...I'm supposed to look nice to make a good impression (I haven't earned the respect yet!) but I know everything I wear will get dirty!!! Shopping is usually fun, but buying nice clothes that I know will get ruined is depressing. Maybe we should start wearing the checkered pants uniform like the chefs do, apparently that's supposed to hide stains.

I didn't mind getting jeans full of paint; I thought it actually looked nice, and distinguished me as an art student! I'm going to miss those days...