Re: help with teacher dress code: lab coats

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 12:48:38 PDT

I decided to reply to the list.... I had a white doctor's lab coat (but with
knitted cuffs so they fit). I bought it at a uniform supply shop (it was
cheaper than what was in the catalogs)
A teacher friend always asked me for help with her computer problems rather
than going to the tech guy. She called me Doctor Decker. Even in front of
her students.
She called me Doctor Decker every time I came to help her -with or without
the lab coat. I sure liked helping her.

I would have thanked Christa privately, but her server is one that bounces
my email. I know she is not doing it personally...but maybe now she can find
out why it does.

Judy "Doctor" Decker (my sister's friends caller her Doc all through high
school - her initials were DR - she did go into psychiatric/social
counseling as a profession).