Sevice Learning (geo....) Ellen

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 11:26:23 PDT

> There are some great web sites - just thought I'd ask if anyone had done
> this at school with the kids - I would love to pair olders with youngers
> (K-8 school)

Ellen, I'd like to see the web sites....and yes pairing the olders with the
youngers works great (I had great success with that - 6th graders teaching
kindergarteners ceramics - a coworker had seventh grade teaching 2nd grade
science). WE called that "service learning" and there are many sites on
that, too.
I'll look them up if you are interested - I don't have links right now -
just know they are out there.

Judy