Patriotic Wall Mural- need ideas! :)

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 10:25:44 PDT

Hi everyone,

HELP! I need ideas! For the past two years we have
created a huge banner paper mural on the wall using
the entire school population. One year we made a huge
flag out of every student hand (that they traced, cut
out and signed). Each grade was a different color on
the flag and the stars were the teachers (smile). It
measured 16' x 14'. Took up a large chunck of wall in
the cafeteria.

Last year we did a huge paper mural using the Statue
of Liberty with stars all around her that the students
individually signed (again, different colored stars
for the 6,7,and 8th grades).

Now that Sept 11 is approaching, I need a new idea
that is super quick... these are done in homeroom and
the special ed teacher and I hang these up. I don't
mind cutting out things (but i'd rather the kids do
it)... but I want a neat Patriotic Tribute (our mascot
by the way IS the Patriot).

What sugestions do you have that we can do? I thought
of a giant USA words with pictures of each student in
the letters {6th gr would be the "U" and so on..but
picture day is next week and we won't have the
individual pics back in time). The photo company said
they could send us the head shots, but they just won't
be availble that soon.

I look forward to all the wonderful ideas- have a
great weekend!
Jeannie in GA