Re: need craft ideas - Bunki's Weaving for mugs

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:58:49 PDT

The Mug Rug! - This is something the kids will need in their Survival Kit-
For their cup of tea!
I did update the file to add Michael Gerrish's suggestions. I like the penny
better than the pencil grip. I never used pencil grips myself....but sure
like the idea they mean - so do add them. For those of you who missed my
every year at the start of the year (with the real objects). Michael saved
them all and would gift certain items to kids when they needed them...I only
did it figuratively (I sure used my pencils though and yes when they needed
a bandaid- or an eraser...and so forth). The kids all knew I had all of the
items somewhere in my room. I did eventually put the box of toothpicks out
just in case they needed one. I handed over a number of rubber bands...had
those in a drawer.....(I couldn't afford to give every kid a real kit - they
had it on paper in their tote trays).

The Improved Survival Kit (anyone know who started it all?)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/survival.htm

Penny - there are TWO sides to every issue.

I told my kids there were three sides. My side - their side - and THE TRUTH
and just pointed up since I couldn't say it. They all knew exactly what I
meant.
It worked wonders with my kids. I always told them not to mess with THE
TRUTH....and they also knew exactly what I meant. Unfortunately, my approach
did not work at my school I hope it can work in yours....If not - simply use
the two sides.

See Michael Gerrish - Why Art? http://www.whyart.com (Michael is living his
name - check that one out if you wish)

Judy ("Praise") Decker - Lima, Ohio