Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: need craft ideas - Weaving (Sharon's bags)

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:00:31 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Judy Decker" <>

Sharon's little woven bags was a GREAT lesson (see link above under Judy's
name) I did with my 8th graders at the end of last year. It's just the right
size for your "weed" papers...(grin)! No, really. It was a great end-of-year

For my 7ths, we made little woven mug rugs by weaving on a smaller loom and
starting the weaving about 2 inches up and finishing with 2" left over, cut
the ends and tied and fringed them. If they finished early, they could make
a second one so they were ALL busy for the length of time needed. No...I
don't have jpegs OR write-up but I found the idea in the book (I think it's
called) "Let's Weave"...Davis Publication. Nice little weaving book with
some good ideas for diff. weaving styles and projects.