Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Stumped . . . please help

From: Elizabeth Davis (davise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 03:45:53 PDT

Another slightly different idea: You could also have them use more than
one color as the complement of brown, if your brown looks mostly like it
is made of orange and black, then have them use blue and white. You
could mix the blue and white to have a light blue or paint part of the
brown section blue and part white, maybe even in strips or with dotting.

>>> 08/21/03 16:33 PM >>>
Yeah, we're back on line!

 The first day of school I always have students do something hands on as
opposed to going over my syllabus. The students are always so glazed
from all the rules and regulations given on the first day. Anyway, I'm
going to do a quick review of color theory with my 8th grade and I was
thinking of dividing Starry Night into 30 sections and having each
reproduce their square in all complementary colors using finger paint.
I'm stumped on how to handle brown. Is their a complement of brown?
we just leave brown- brown? It's kind of ruining my project. If you
any insight please share.