Re: Stumped

---------

From: Betty Bowen (albertbandura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 17:39:20 PDT

Melissa, may I suggest you paint a little of your brown on a piece of paper and stare at it for awhile then look for an afterimage? whatever color you see, then try painting with that and see if your afterimage is brown.

Interesting to try anyway. Your co-workers may think you've lost your mind. staring at brown paint.

Mikel Lee <mikellee31@yahoo.com> wrote:Can't you have them mix their brown using
complements?- mikel
--- Melissa Speelman wrote:
> Have you seen the book "Hello Red Fox" by Eric
> Carle? All the illustrations
> are "complements" and you view the true colors
> staring at the image for
> 10-12 seconds then at a white page (i.e. the red fox
is actually green in the book). My 7th/8th graders
love the idea of afterimages (I have a whole project
centered around Carle's book). I'm hoping to have
them see
> afterimages of our complementary Starry Night. I
just hope the "brown"issue doesn't screw the whole
thing up.