Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Stumped

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 17:28:39 PDT

Can't you have them mix their brown using
complements?- mikel
--- Melissa Speelman <> wrote:
> Have you seen the book "Hello Red Fox" by Eric
> Carle? All the illustrations
> are "complements" and you view the true colors
> staring at the image for
> 10-12 seconds then at a white page (i.e. the red fox
is actually green in the book). My 7th/8th graders
love the idea of afterimages (I have a whole project
centered around Carle's book). I'm hoping to have
them see
> afterimages of our complementary Starry Night. I
just hope the "brown"issue doesn't screw the whole
thing up.

Do you Yahoo!?