Stumped . . . please help

---------

From: Melissa Speelman (lucylomax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 13:38:57 PDT

Yeah, we're back on line!

 The first day of school I always have students do something hands on as
opposed to going over my syllabus. The students are always so glazed over
from all the rules and regulations given on the first day. Anyway, I'm
going to do a quick review of color theory with my 8th grade and I was
thinking of dividing Starry Night into 30 sections and having each student
reproduce their square in all complementary colors using finger paint. So,
I'm stumped on how to handle brown. Is their a complement of brown? Should
we just leave brown- brown? It's kind of ruining my project. If you have
any insight please share.

---