Expectations for Life - and Survial kit

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 12:12:00 PDT

Welcome back ArtsEdNetters!

Someone must have been saying their "prayers". We are back.

This is just too funny that my first Getty mail to come through is one about
Mr. Decker's Expectations.
Mr. Decker's Expectations was also the first mail I opened this morning from
ArtsEducators list.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/rules.htm

He will love that they are getting all of this attention. He has many more
"words of wisdom" that cross disciplines - and I'll share some of those in
time.
I will have to review the one I "circled" for myself and see if I have
improved in six weeks - my hubby and I did have some chuckles on that this
morning.
He did think that was a good idea BYW. He really IS wonderful...now I better
get back and work on what he asked me to do today. I'm printing out ART for
him to display in his classroom.

Add these to the Survival Kit (from Michael Gerrish of Art Education -
credit his administrator - who literally gave each teacher the objects in
the kit each year).
  1.. A penny-to remind us that there are at least two sides to every issue
  2.. A pencil grip- to help us to hold on and do our best
Judy Decker

P.S. Mark Decker is now going to be a Shawnee Indian instead of a Lima Sr.
Spartan. I went to Shawnee - so I'm going to work hard all year to make him
look good. I will be working on a Web site for him....so IAD and my site
will be on hold when he is redy to start. PLEASE continue to share - I can
easily get your lessons out to the all lists. Just getting them linked to
the site will take time. Funny how my second message that came through was
my links and ideas request for Art and Disabilty -- part of the post Ellen
replied to.