Back on the list

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 18:40:38 PDT

Hi, Judy and everyone.

I've signed back on to the list after being off for a few weeks while my
husband, our cat and I moved from Texas to Northern Arizona. (If you've
never traveled cross country with a cat, let's just say it's an experience
until they finally fall asleep!)

We have found Sedona to be absolutely amazing. Quite a change from the
hectic pace and pollution of the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I anticipate that
the new job also will be quite a change. Anyway ... here are some
technology components that I will be incorporating into some of the courses
I will teach this semester.

My pre-service students will be signing onto ArtsEdNet, Tapped In and
Annenberg/CPG.

For ArtsEdNet, students will be instructed to observe and absorb the
discussion and to ask an occasional question.

At the Tapped In site, I have set up a discussion group where two first-year
art teachers will be journaling their thoughts about teaching. One class of
pre-service students who are almost ready to student teach will monitor the
journals and ask questions of the two new teachers.

At the Annenberg/CPG site are videos about teaching art that will be
required viewing for the kids in a foundations course.

And, of course, I will recommend the IAD as a resource for all.

BTW ... in May I am contemplating an online course that could be offered for
professional development credit if enough interest is there. Email my
private address if you have an interest or would like details.

Best to you all.

From beautiful and laid back Sedona,
Pam

---