Re: Classroom management tips - elementary/middle

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 06:57:35 PDT

I do the NOISE thing, too. However, when we get to NO, we have to work
without talking for five minutes. If folks are still talking, we are quiet
the rest of the class. I won't help students during these times, instead I
just quietly moniter and look for talking students. Anyone who talks after
that has to work alone, or copy a paragraph explaining why it's important
not to spend art time constantly talking. It doesn't happen often, so it
seems to work.

Leah