Re: Golden Rules of Ceramic

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 02:48:52 PDT

I don't know if somebody has already mentioned this one, but it has become
epidemic at my current school and that is not to throw clay. I am currently
becoming very short tempered on the issue and have had close to half a dozen
students permanently withdrawn from the subject due to health and safety
reasons.

Every student here must choose one arts subject (music, media, visual arts,
dance or dama) for a minimum of three years in high school. After this was
brought in we have experienced a huge change in the type of students who are
undertaking the visual arts classes. There are pluses but at present this
minus is becoming very annoying.

Justin

---