RE: THINK ART - "It's the Thought that Counts" - for ALL

---------

From: Carola Dunham (2carola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 20:55:01 PDT

Dear Judy~~

This is FANTASTIC stuff. I am teaching 6th grade History and English next
year......

My back ground is Interior Design w/ Art minor -- and I learned ALL of my
critical thinking skills from being a designer. No doubt about it.

I have been looking for something like this to sink my teeth into -- I plan
to convert/apply these principles and thoughts to being a good 'Historian"
in my class -- I love this stuff.

Art is SOOOo important when exploring history -- culture's diverse
creativity -- to compare, explore, interact with, glean from.....

Thanks, I'm hooked on this site!!!!

Carola

PS This is my second year in the classroom -- I found something called
History Alive! -- awesome stuff -- and one of the ideas the art teachers
could use is projecting, as large as possible, a work of art on the wall
and have the students interact with each other by becoming a character in
the artwork. Dialog, discussions, becoming a character and presenting
feelings, thoughts, etc. Great for Bodily kinesthetic, and
verbal-Linguistic learners.

I ramble.....

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---