Re: Organization Help Needed

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 20:54:14 PDT

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 01:00 AM, Joe Cox wrote:

> Well its that time of year again and I am going through my teaching
> stuff=
> and I AM GETTING SO FRUSTRATED. This is my fifth year of teaching
> and I=
> am getting so much "stuff" that I want to use in the classroom or
> have u=
> sed in the past. Its is getting so overwhelming. So this brings me
> to m=
> y question. Does anyone have any organization tricks or tips that
> they c=
> an share? What do you keep? What do you throw away?

I find that you just have to jump in somewhere and decide HOW you want
to organize your information. Do you want to organize lessons and
illustrations by the elements and principles, or by media, or by
artist, or by culture, or by theme, or do you want to put everything
needed for a particular lesson in one folder... get the picture?
Guaranteed that you will end up re-organizing every few years but at
least this will help you begin to get a picture of your resources. Make
it fun!... because in the end, being organized is it's own form of
relief from stress.

Deborah

---