THINK ART - "It's the Thought that Counts" - for ALL

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 20:13:36 PDT

(Correction Craig - I DID see this on your site - I just didn't read all of
it at the time - I will now).

Dear Art Educators,

Craig Roland University of Florida is the author of the questions I/LeAnn
posted.
Those are all part of his NAEA presentation from 2001
"It's the Thought that Counts"
http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/teach/itsthethought.html

I am printing it off right now (its a pdf file - in two sections). Every art
teacher should have a copy.
This includes all of the Blooms "stuff" that was so popular on the list a
few weeks ago....and it has all of the "big ideas" I liked to talk about.
Lots of Art Games too.
I wish I had something like this when I started teaching. It took me years
to learn how to do all of this (smile). All of you just getting started
have so much good material available and much of it is FREE! I ran into a
teacher from my school and told her what fun I was having now just talking
with art teachers. She told me to write a book. Of course I laughed at that.
Everything good in art education has already been written - here is a piece
of it from Craig Roland (who IS writing a book - may even be finished).

When I do the Files for Sharing page - there will be a link to this pdf
file. If you forget where to find it in the meantime - just ask and I'll
send it to you.

Judy Decker

P.S. for Pam - I don't know if you have signed back on Getty yet- this is
GOOD STUFF for your students. I'll tell you the source I used for a lot of
my ideas, too.

---