Think - the "box project" from the other day

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:51:07 PDT

Kelli Denne shared this idea with the Art Education list - it is a good one.
Reminds me of those antique puzzle blocks - but on a much larger scale.

From Kellie:
I haven't done this box project yet, but I want to. Take as many boxes as
you have students and decide on a "mural". (The mural is like a puzzle with
each box being a piece of the picture). Each student is responsible for
his/her box. There are 6 sides to a box so you can do this with 6 different
classes. When they are all finished have the classes mix and match
different sides of the boxes to get different designs. Just a thought.

Kelli Wilke kdenne14@yahoo.com

I am wondering if you could do this as big wood cubes? something more
lasting? - like 12" cubes? My high schoolers loved their cube paintings
(done way back in 1979). Might be a fun way to do a mural project.
To refresh your memory - Patty Knott posted the question on What to do with
square boxes that had a one inch hole in the side (The box file:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/box.rtf ) She has a wonderful
ideas planned to do a "time capsule" of her school building (they are going
to be demolishing one) - put little pieces/treasures of the building inside
the boxes.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department