Re: Yacker Tracker - Sax page 21

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 13:24:57 PDT

Re: Classroom management tips - elementary/middleCheck it out - Sax page 21 item number #312 - 8212 - sells for only $38.95. I was only elementary in my district for one year - otherwise I may have invested in one of these just for the fun of it. The cafeteria had a real stop light that they used for noise control (I think the monitors triggered the lights - not real sure how they did it.) I made a big paper traffic light for my room (laminated - actually had it already made from something we did at the middle school) and had a yellow circle - Be careful!, a Green one - Let's go!, and a red one - Stop talking! I had it up on one of the magnetic chalkboards. My modular had plenty of chalk boards but lacked bulletin boards (just had two tiny ones). The stop light was low enough that even the 2nd graders could reach it if I wasn't near. All I would have to do is call out "Yellow light" - and a kid would jump up and change it for me. Usually yellow light worked and we never had to have a red light. Green lights didn't always get put back up since the wee ones couldn't reach that. I had to put the green light up for second grade - but they were at least told green light after we had a few moments of silence. Yellow light was also a signal that I had something to say sometimes (other times, I'd forget and fall back on my "Class" routine - old habit).

Just helping you out Judy Nagel... I know you would have come forward with the info. We have had LOTS post success with the Yacker Tracker over the years.

Judy Decker