Re: Classroom management tips - elementary/middle

---------

From: Pam Smith (thinkart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 11:22:55 PDT

Sax has a stop light for noise level. Looks interesting. Has anyone ever
used it? You set it to whatever decibel level you want and when the noise
level starts to increase the yellow light flashes, too loud and the red one
flashes. You would need some reward/consequences to back up the lights but
it might work.
Aloha Pam

Received from DHJones3@aol.com, 8/17/03 2:58 AM

> The best one that I've used from this list is the NOISE sign. If I say noise
> level 1, 2 and 3, I take the E. If I have to say noise level and they get
> quiet I don't take the letter. When I, S, and E are gone, we have no art.
> Projects and supplies are take up and they put their heads down until the
> teacher comes. I used this last year and my daughter used it for music. I
> didn't take the I down all. They don't want to lose art. Thanks to this
> list...it works. ---

---