Re: Wheat Paste

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 11:09:52 PDT

Maggie,
I was thinking about using it instead of wallpaper paste because I thought it would be less toxic then wallpaper paste. (If wallpaper paste is toxic.) My plans were to use it for papier-mâché. The last couple of years we have done a mask making project by making a mask from clay, pouring plaster over the mask to form a mold, and filling the mold with paper pulp to reproduce the image. I was thinking of using wallpaper paste and strips of paper to line the mold and create the mask that way. After reading some of the post I am rethinking that there may be better choices. Thanks for the input.

Joe