Re: Games-Bingo/Grid (Jackie - all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 11:06:53 PDT

Thanks Jackie,

I think it is important when we publish lessons on the web to show where we
got the idea. I think it is a way of showing each other respect. We footnote
and cite our resources when we do research - why should a lesson plan be
different. Some people (including me) spend a lot of time writing lesson
plans.

Michal Austin gave the idea of using a small section of a drawing - then
reassembling the pieces (I think that is what you are referring to). It is a
type of "ice breaker" introduction/first day of art lesson.

Marty Reid (of Square 1 fame) gave the Bingo file - and I would LOVE to see
how you adapted it. There are others who are adapting it, too and will share
their version.
I know this Bingo form can be a great way for all students to have success
learning about art, too - and in a fun way. Everyone can be a winner at some
point - reward the ones who get there first - then keep on playing.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/BINGO.htm
Thanks for reminding me - I want to put a link to Square 1 from this file
when I link it up.

I don't think it is as important to cite your sources if you are just
turning them in to your administrator (they don't read them most of the time
anyway) - but posting to the web is a different story. I have seen Bunki
ideas on the web with no credit to her - and it does bother me a little. I
have seen Melissa Speelman ideas on the web with no credit to her - and that
bothers me, too. I know these list members are flattered that their ideas
are out there - I always am when someone uses one of my lessons. What would
you all do if we copyrighted ideas (smile)?

Judy Decker