Re: Wheat Paste - Check Sax

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 10:31:06 PDT

Joe and all

Wheat paste can be harmful for kids -- Golden Harvest brand is kid safe (NON
TOXIC).
This is the brand I used - I often added Elmer's to make is dry even harder.
(Elmers was just so sticky on the hands/fingers).

Turn to page 208 in 2003 catalog:
#310-0690 3 lb tub - 11.85.

This goes a long way. I was able to buy small packages (green bags) at craft
stores when I ran out - but much more pricey in the small bag. It was more
economical to stretch it using Elmer's when I found the supply running low
(when we made our large animal mancala boards, in particular). Look in paint
and wallpaper store to see if they carry Golden Harvest (that is the brand
of choice at most stores in my area).

Bunki has breat success with regualr flour - I personally have never tried
it.

Judy

P.S. for Digest users. My apologies for sending a few posts today in html -
I had my machine temporarily on the wrong setting.