Knott Just Another Quote

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 08:30:30 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have been neglecting my "duty" to post quotes.... I am taking the easy way
out today and using the quote in the New York Times. What does this say
about our "American" Culture?
All it takes in some communities to get folks talking and sharing is to
"turn off the lights" (I have my own little humor in this quote -- there was
NO TALKING in the art room community when the lights went out, not even from
me - smile -- but our lights out were only for a few seconds)

"It wasn't scary at all. Most people connected more than before, door to
door, neighbor to neighbor. When the lights were on, nobody says nothing."
VICTOR WHITE, a Detroit resident.

Sensational Sunday!

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com