Re: help! large talkative class

---------

From: Grace Hall (Grace_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 06:14:57 PDT

> I know teachers who will use his/her cell
> > phone to call parents on the spot! You only have to do it once! school.
> > You all as it is happening, tell the parent the child is disrupting the
class
> > and put the child on.
>
> I have done this! Quite effective. You only have to do this about two
> times,, ever! Word does get around!
> Becky

I have also done this and it was extremely effective.......however since
then my district put out a memo informing teachers that cell phone usage in
the classroom on instructional time is strictly forbidden. Seems some
teachers were abusing by talking to friends and family for long periods of
time in front of students. Many teachers in our district have voiced their
opposition, and pointed out the value a cell in the classroom has, but to no
avail. A lot of teachers ignore the policy. What if we needed to call
911?? Lord knows the paramedics would come faster if that emergency call
didn't have to go thru channels like an intercom.
Grace

> > I know teachers who will use his/her cell
> > phone to call parents on the spot! You only have to do it once! school.
> > You all as it is happening, tell the parent the child is disrupting the
class
> > and put the child on.
>
> I have done this! Quite effective. You only have to do this about two
> times,, ever! Word does get around!
> Becky
>
> ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu