Re: Maybe you guys can help me put this into perspective...

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 01:12:52 PDT

Brendra
Parents want high SAT/ACT SCORES.

I would put up a large bulletin board display that says

UCLA study revealed that students
who had taken ART CLASSES outscored
students with low exposure to the arts.
in very large letters.

In 1997, the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies published the results of a national arts study that showed a positive relationship between standardized test scores, English grades, and other educational methods. The study revealed that students in eighth and 10th grade who had "high involvement" in the arts, in and out of class, consistently outscored those with low exposure to the arts.

http://www.connectforkids.org/benton_ftr_text1606/benton_ftr_text_show.htm?doc_id=9422

Other art promotion research

 http://www.pcah.gov/gaa/pdf/PCAH-GAA.pdf

Sara