Re: Maybe you guys can help me put this into perspective...

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 00:15:06 PDT

Bruthrobson@aol.com writes:

> I have heard that God doesn't give more than one can handle, so I may be
>Dear Brenda,
Don't beat yourself up. And on the God giving us more thzan we can
handle..when I was overlaoded Ijust wished that I was weaker! (especially
when my kids were rrrrrrrrreeeeeally sick)
I have some special projects in 7th grade that the 6th graders really want
to do. But I know how you feel about band. On our election form, band has
so much clout that if they want band at all they have to put it #1.
So then if they want band...art may be listed as 3rd and unless it is a
semester class, they only get two choices. When they gave our sixth graders
(who had an a in English) the choice of Spanish or French, I really lost
some smart kids, because their parents wanted them to have language for 6
years. I don't know the answer, but I think we as art teachers and art
groups are really lousy at PR. We need help!
Becky

---