Visual Diaries

---------

From: Vicki Leishman (vicki_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 12:36:04 PDT

Dear Judy,

Thanks for the info. and prompt response. The web sites you recommended are
well worth looking at.

I was also wondering whether any art teachers use visual diaries as part of
student learning ie. students elect to do a project in a specific studio
area e.g. ceramics, as part of their exploration students collect images,
pieces of poetry, fragments of material, photographs of themselves
exploring various techniques ... these are then included in their diary
(usually in the form of a portfolio - A2 - of loose leaf sheets of card)and
documented. The diary then forms part of the students final assessment for
the project.

I'm in Perth, Western Australia so I'm possibly using the wrong terminology
:).

It sounds as though "What does an art teacher wear?" is an international
dilemma!

Cheers,
Vicki

---