Re: Help please directed drawing

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 17:11:09 PDT

Excellent idea! I would like to do this too. Reminds me of my "Creativitiy
Class". The instructor loved to bring in strange objects that were
unfamiliar to us and have us draw the object being used. I had forgotten all
about that - I'm going to have to dig in the garage and see if I can come up
with something strange. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> One of the projects I want to do with my students is directed drawing as
> a lead in to a in class more complex drawing. Does anyone know, or have
> heard about, the description of a rhinocerous. Some artists way back in
> the day, did a drawing based on a description of a rhinocerous? Back
> before anyone had ever seen one? The picture either was right on with a
> rhino picture or really off base? Anyone know where I could get info or
> something? I would like if possible to get that description or something
> like that and do an in class exercise. Anyone have any ideas?

---