Re: help! large talkative class

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 14:24:05 PDT

Occasm@aol.com wrote:
> My roomate is history teacher and does the "call during class thing". We have
> an office with a phone between our rooms so I could do it as well this year.
> My problem with this is it seem like it would disrupt the class for quite a
> few minutes, but veteran teachers have been telling me this year, to heck with
> it, just stop the class and deal with it.
> mike sacco

        Rather than stopping the class, have the student make the call and make
it his or her responsibility to explain why the call was necessary.
Prior to making
the call I suggest they be required to fill out a think sheet listing
what they did
and how the problem could be corrected. If the reasoning seems ok, then
have them
place the call.
                                                        Woody in KC

--