Help please directed drawing

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 12:59:03 PDT

One of the projects I want to do with my students is directed drawing as
a lead in to a in class more complex drawing. Does anyone know, or have
heard about, the description of a rhinocerous. Some artists way back in
the day, did a drawing based on a description of a rhinocerous? Back
before anyone had ever seen one? The picture either was right on with a
rhino picture or really off base? Anyone know where I could get info or
something? I would like if possible to get that description or something
like that and do an in class exercise. Anyone have any ideas?

LeAnn

---