Judy's Triptych lesson - "credit where credit is due" & one page lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 12:27:22 PDT

Well folks... I'm trying to pay bills (yuck!) and this popped into my head,
"Give credit where credit is due".
My triptych lesson (the shape/form the lesson would take) was inspired by a
work by Caribbean artist, Annalee Davis:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/trip3.htm

Sorry the pictures are lousy (but the first ones got a glare so I turned the
light off and hoped).
I will give it another try later for better photos.

I also forgot to list some important tools/supplies. Hot glue guns/glue
sticks - and tacky glue for gems.
The triptych lesson updated:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/triptych.htm
Now ya all know why I hate writing lesson plans...it is so much easier to
"just do it". I RARELY list everything I use and do in a lesson.
See for yourself in my one page plan. Students were given this along with
their weekly "agenda" - shown on this page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/trip4.htm

The first year, I did have quite a few do painting on the outside of their
triptychs (and background painting on inside) - sorry, no images of those.
The all over painting wasn't an option the second year since it followed a
painting unit. The second year, the students also did an engraving print of
their hero (I forgot to tell you that). Originally we were going to use a
print as the hero image in the center....but I couldn't handle both units
going at the same time (smile) so the prints didn't get done until AFTER the
triptychs were done. They were all able to get their plates made -- but
cleanup was a "nightmare" . We finished the printing during an easy
drawing/cut paper collage Romare Bearden Jazz unit.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/