Middle School Printmaking Lesson - for sharing

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 08:36:39 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This great lesson from Jeannie Sandoval is shared in Honor of LeAnn Escoffre
who contributed some lessons this summer to IAD.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/print.doc
One of my favorite prints:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/print7.jpg

See more on this page of Jeannie's student work:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Teachers/jsandoval.htm

Her digital self portraits
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/digital.doc and the prints will
be the first lessons I get linked to the site. They will be linked from
Jeannie's web page (and from IAD Middle School). Do check Ken's Printmaking
Curriculum for tips for lino printing.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/printmaking.htm

A note on using lessons of my site and IAD. Give credit where credit is due.
You are free to use any of the plans - but cite your sources/authors.
Jackie asked about using images in PowerPoint/Web pages. I CAN NOT grant
permission to post any of the images on either site to your web sites - but
do use them in student instruction. My request is that you NOT use any of
the plans/images for personal gain. I put this stuff out there for free.
(Bunki has already asked permission to use my African Weaving on an Oodles
CD - I am happy to grant that request...which reminds me - I do have Bunki
images to share - and will get to that).

Here is one lesson I would love to see spread across the USA/World:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/triptych.htm
Use as heroes theme - family theme - artists you admire - personal portrait.
It is not intended to copy Renaissance art/artists - but to use as extension
to a Renaissance unit.
This lesson is an original Judy Decker - actually inspired by a Caribbean
artist's triptych painting (I will look up the name and add that to the
list - I did show my kiddies the piece) and of course Renaissance art. I
have a real attraction to Religious icons, too.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
http://www.incredibleart.tk

P.S. Who can a honor with the next lesson I share from my present from
Jeannie? I am going to be stingy with my "gift" (smile Jeannie and Patty if
you are reading)

---