Vedo - Vatican Library, NY Botanical Garden, and other museums - Beautiful Prints, 2 Art for Children books online, 1AD to 1799 timeline !!

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 05:12:24 PDT

Hi All,
Found this site this morning, They sell beautiful prints (some are very expensive giclees), from museum collections. They also have 2 of the Art for children books by Ernest Raboff, online ! (Raphael and Michelangelo)

(for these, go to the site address below,
on the opening page
click on the block on the left hand side that says "knowledge"
on the left you will see the link for art for children books !

 http://www.vedo.com/

I have only looked at a small part of the rest of this site, but the images are gorgeous.If you go to the Vatican collection, and click on the "Centuries of Splendor" block, (you must be Macromedia Flash enabled just for this part )
you will see a stunning Flash historical timeline. From the times 1 AD to 1799.

Ancient maps, illuminations, botanical illustrations !!! I'm in illustration heaven !!!!!!!!!!
Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---